The Bumping Saga: Vol 1. Chapter 2: Odd Encounter.


1 week earlier.
Felix: Y-You can’t just fire me like this!
Hen: Actually I can. In fact, kiss your ass goodbye Felix. Your days of uselessness are long over.
Felix: You know what? You fucking suck. All these years, I’ve worked harder than anyone else and now you just fire me like this? I don’t care anymore. You told me that I had potential but I see how you use people, Hen. You just utilize them to your liking and when that liking is fulfilled, you throw them aside like a pack of garbage!
Hen: Dev, can you take out the trash please?
Dev: Felix, not only is your reasoning flawed, but so are your genetics. Don’t blame yourself over this.
Felix: Shut up!! I’m not Indian therefore my genetics are perfect! I come from Austria! Austria is the peak of genetics! Don’t make me flex my supreme genitals on the likes of y-
This is stupid. Nothing comes from these situations. All these years of working are leading to repetition. Tradition is on track but that’s about it.
Dev: Had to knock genital boy out, sorry.
Hen: It’s whatever.
It’s been already 10 years since I’ve founded this academy. Actually, I didn’t found this academy. I took it from the ground and raised it to the skies. I believe myself to be someone who can clearly understand what’s necessary to do and what’s necessary to avoid in order to create an ideal future. Even so, an ideal future will always have its flaws. Mainly one. Tradition. Tradition is something I completely overlooked and thus, I developed a tendency to demolish it. However, that has proven to be difficult.
Hen: Gentlemen. Today, we hereby are cooperating in this movement to start something anew.
Vile: Hen, are you talking about the project that you’ve kept from us?
Hen: That’s precisely it. Over the years, humans have strived to become beings that have to sacrifice anything or something to advance. That is “tradition”. The methodology which revolves around passing precise ideas in proximities. Even ideas such as rebellion and revolution which were meant to kill tradition have become a part of the cycle of tradition itself.
Alex: RP?
Hen: Shut up Alex. That has to die but the gravity of RP is slightly lesser in comparison to modern tradition. This new project will kill tradition while building a new cycle for future generations. Gentlemen, I give you-
1 week later.
Shiori: So like, he never apologized to me, so we never talked to each other again. He probably thinks that I will talk to him again but I won’t until he apologizes.
Sapphire: Ah girl, just give him another shot. It was just a silly argument. We all have those once in a while, right? Shouldn’t the priority be to find room in your heart to forgive a person who couldn’t see that he was wrong?
Shiori: Nah, I still won’t do it. He doesn’t deserve it. He needs to reflect first.
Nao: Maybe he’s not reflecting about it…
Shiori: Tsk, if that’s the case then I really couldn’t care less about the idiot!
Nao: That’s mean Shiori! You love Faptain!
Shiori: N-Not! I’m over him, trust me! Hey, look! I blocked him on discord!
Asuna: Oh, the poor creature is probably contemplating suicide as we speak…
Juno: That’s such an evil thing to do, Shiori! You have to stop blocking people like that!
Shiori: Not true. If people mess with me and my trust then they have to learn their lesson. If they don’t, then won’t the same mistakes happen? After a few months, I’ll unblock him.
Asuna: I’m afraid it might be too late by then…
Shiori: What?
Asuna: Sigh. You can be such an airhead sometimes, Shiori.
Ah sorry for the late introduction! My name is Shiori. I am right now walking to school with my friends. We all agreed to meet up and walk to school on the first day just in order to not suffer from boredom. I didn’t eat breakfast in the morning because I was in a hurry to meet up with them but I have to say…
Shiori: It’s so beautiful! Hey, look at it!
Nao: I know right! How rare to see a Passiflora coccinea in a place like this! A whole tree at it!
Shiori: Isn’t it because it’s spring?
Nao: Could be! Flowers have a natural tendency to bloom in spring.
Shiori: How do you know all of this!?
Nao: Hehe, I’ll have you know that I know my stuff when it comes to flowers. I take good care of my garden every morning! Sometimes, when I can’t stay asleep, I take care of it during the night! Just watching every plant grow like that gives a truly amazing feeling!
This is my best friend, Nao. Although she seems like a kind girl on the outside, she can be quite argumentative should the situation arise. She loves what she is doing. Everything she does feels genuine, not to mention that her words are like medicine, you can get cured just by listening to them. Just like me, this is her first day in this academy. In fact, this is everyone’s first day.
Something weird happened the past week. My parents dropped my inscription from college just to put me in this academy. And, considering the people who are surrounding us, I would say that it’s not a coincidence. My parents just told me to go to this academy. I have to respect my parents. I don’t want to let my parents down, so I will work hard.
Asuna: W-What the hell…
Asuna’s creeping voice called my attention. She was looking in the direction of a girl who was just slightly shorter than I, with light brown hair. Short at it. It seemed to hold a magical fragrance to it. However, she was freaking out for some reason.
Yuki: W-What is all this!?
Her exclamation came from the fact that she was looking at the classes which were defined in the fixed sheets. Apparently, her shock was that high. I wondered why and approached her.
Shiori: Hey you… Hey…
She kept on sobbing while kneeling down for some reason. Even after I touched her shoulder, she did not notice me. Why though?
Yuki: …ev… shi… …choco… Why…
Shiori: Hey, are you okay?
I kept my hand on her shoulder to make sure she was fine, but she had the nerve to ignore me. I can understand that in certain situations, there is a need for isolation, but this? When someone as kind as me is going through this much just to show compassion, your retribution is ignoring me!?
Yuki: I-It’s so unfair… I don’t know any of these people… Guh… I bet they are all creeps.
Creeps? What the hell is she on about? Hold on; let me check the list for a second…
Shiori: Howler, Irregular, Juno, Shiori, Asuna, Rei…
I’m not sure if I understand what the problem here is. Was she perhaps expecting that all of her friends were put in the same class as her? That’s a pipe dream that never happens. On a side note, Juno and Asuna are in the same class as I.
…Wait a goddamn second…
Shiori: Hey, what’s your name?
I will not tolerate this anymore.
Yuki: …ki.
Shiori: Huh?
Yuki: Yuki… My name is Yuki.
Shiori: Ah okay Yuki. A pleasure meeting you, creep.
Yuki: W-What!?
Shiori: There, payback.
Seriously… I can’t believe that just happened. I hate to be a mean person by nature but when someone calls me out like that, especially a creep at it…. The nerve!
Asuna: Hey, Shiori! Everyone seems to be uniting there! Let’s check it out.
Shiori: Ah, wait up! Asuna!
I was located at the school’s entrance yet for some reason; everyone decided to rush towards the main plaza. It was a huge one at it. In fact, it was quite crowded. I was not sure how many students were there but I could tell that by a long shot, it was at least a lot. Perhaps a thousand? But still…
Shiori: For how long are you gonna sulk on the ground like that!? C’mon, get a grip! This is your first day! Behave like a lady, will ya?
On top of being an emotional rollercoaster, she isn’t off to a great start. I know that I just treated her like I did a while ago, but I can’t stand this any longer.
Yuki: You called me a creep!
Shiori: No, no. You called me first. This is payback. Now we are clear.
Yuki: I don’t remember calling you a creep! You’re mean! Heartless!
Shiori: W-What did you just say!?
Yuki: I am right though! I don’t even know you! How could I have called you a creep in the first place!?
Shiori: Are you serious!? You called everyone on that list a creep! I AM ON THAT LIST!!
Yuki: …You are?
Shiori: Oh ge…
…Ahhh…. I fell asleep so hard. For some reason my alarm clock didn’t wake me up. What’s new, really? Everyone’s so goddamn loud. Chill out people, it’s only the first day, there’s no need to scream like this. Why is everyone like this? Are they seriously looking forward to this? I can’t get behind the feeling. Hum, is that..? Yeah, I’m positive.
Missy: Yuki. What are you doing here? Didn’t the class already start?
Yuki: Good morning Missy!
I don’t really understand why people bother with greetings. This isn’t to say that I can’t utilize them but, an exchange of words involves the trade of information which contains value to the other. A simple “Good morning Missy!” really seems far from extravagant.
Missy: So, why is everyone going chimpanzee?
Yuki: C-Chimpa- What?
Asuna: Missy, come on. It’s gonna start!
Missy: What is?
Asuna: Apparently someone important is gonna be laying out a speech.
Seriously… A speech? How is that a reason to get excited? Come on people, get some common sense. If you all just stay away from the supposed meeting location there won’t be such speech. Imagine how pathetic it would be to see from afar someone who has a speech prepared and then that someone is just there, alone and sad because no one is there to listen.
Missy: I’ll be there in a few seconds…
Not. Gonna use this as an excuse to just chill out. This is far too boring. I realize that I will have to tolerate boredom from the plethora of classes that will come my way, but there is no way in hell that I’m hearing a boring speech like that. It’s probably just your typical introduction. What to expect, what to expect, what to expect, blah, blah. Come on; get more original you waste of oxygen. It’s because of such boring people who come up with ideas like introductions that there is no medicine for sadness.
Shaderu: Already quitting? I expect nothing less.
I like to make myself believe that humans are clowns under their own skins because they are able to come up with such a sorry excuse of jokes. But even amidst that belief, there exists the audacity within people to be obnoxious to an outrageous extend. Especially this clown in front of me.
Missy: Don’t bother with your taunts cheery boy.
Shaderu: I’m not here for that. I just think that you should listen to the speech.
Missy: I don’t respond well to orders. Especially when they have no reasoning behind them. Please refrain from addressing so carelessly if what you are just gonna say is straight up garbage.
Shaderu: Alright, alright, I get it. Don’t have to be mad about it.
I was never mad about it.
Shaderu: It’s important. Remember what I said last week?
Missy: How could I forget? I never had gotten such a random ultimatum thrown at me. It’s kinda hard to forget something like that.
Shaderu: Except it wasn’t random.
Missy: You’re not making any sense. Your ultimatum was random because there was no meaning behind it. Your words resemble hollowness. In other words, as long as you don’t put any logic behind them, they will never make any sense in the first place.
Shaderu: You want a reasoning huh? A proper one? Unfortunately, I can’t give you that. Reasonable things are boring. That’s not how I do things. I live for entertainment, and right now, your confusion brings me the most pleasure.
Missy: Ah, I get it. You finally came to the conclusion that you’ve lost in this argument and thus succumbed to the fact that you have to utilize secondary methods to overwhelm me. You utterly fail at this though. It’s obvious when you abandon logic and issue your own personal interests that you are being biased towards the subject.
Shaderu: You’re under the impression that I can’t make any sense at all, aren’t you? If you are so eager about this, then just go ahead and listen to the speech. If you are right then it’s my fault and therefore I am wrong. What do you say?
This has got to be the weakest proposition I’ve ever gotten. Honestly, I want to just ignore this dude’s whole existence and move on. However, it seems that I am out of luck today. I somehow forgot my wallet at home, so I can’t go for a little shopping. I hate to say this, but I’m better off hanging out with my friends.
Missy: Don’t care. But, I’ll listen to it.
So, I moved forward. There was a mountain of people stacked up like this was a concert or something. It’s a stupid decision to go into that pile of human garbage. Ultimately, the right decision would be to find a place where I could hear and observe what’s about to happen. After all, this supposed speech is by far only a rumor. There is no clear saying on what it will actually happen.
Nishi: …sy…
Ah, this is such a stupid idea. Hearing to the birds singing is probably a better idea. Doing something this revolting out of boredom is not like me. Still, I can’t forget what he meant by that. He said that there might be something to this “speech” which means that there is a slight chance that he might be right. I know I could just ignore this simply yet that would be running away. I have no necessity to run away. Nor will I ever.
Nishi: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Missy: Nishi, hey.
Nishi: What’re you so apathetic for? Did a cat eat your tongue?
Missy: …Shut up. Are you gonna meet up with Raven?
Raven: Heya! Did someone say my name?
Missy: Haha, I can’t believe this.
My own attitude might be a thing but these two are jewels.
???: Greetings. I apologize for the wait. I am aware of the disturbance that I have caused by doing such, so I will address the issue at hand immediately.
About time this started. The man who came out is a tall one. He is also wearing a tuxedo. Is this secretly a marriage and we were just baited into it? That’s probably a genius idea but I doubt it’s the case.
Dev: First of all, welcome to DBM academy. My name is Dev. I am the sub-director of this academy. As you might be aware, right now, there were supposed to be occurring classes yet that’s not the case. Allow me to explain as to why that’s the case.
I don’t understand this. What’s the difficulty here? It’s obvious there are no classes at the moment because an extra-curricular activity is happening right now. That’s the logical reason behind the absence of classes right now.
Dev: In this academy, there aren’t classes. Unlike any school out there, this brand new academy will introduce a vast new arsenal of ideas which will contribute for the growth of every single one of you.
Everyone started to mutter since they were in clear doubt on what was going on. I, for once, am in the same position. However, I already started to take a note of things that clearly didn’t make any sense straight up. First off all, since he said that there aren’t any classes, then how come that there are supposed sheets outside of the main gate with student’s name in them? It’s contradicting to put up classes if there aren’t any to partake in.
Dev: You might be wondering as to what I meant by “there aren’t classes”, correct? In case you are in doubt about this because you are already assembled in a certain class, then fear not. That is correct. You were chosen to be a part of this system. But, before continuing, allow me to pose to you a question. What is it, that all of you, in this exact moment, share?
Of course, loud mouths who are eager to make their presences strong just spoke up straight up without thinking. I appreciate dumb and impulsive people for the most part. They take risks that a normal person wouldn’t and thus they commit mistakes. I believe that to be fine since their mistakes will give the observers a different view of the situation. Of course, that doesn’t matter since I alone rule my own thought process.
Arun: Brahhh who gives a shitzzz just explain XDDD.
Did he seriously just pronounce eks dee?
Dev: Arun, Arun, it’s beyond me how you left the infantry but I will answer your question in a very detailed way. The one thing you people all share is, a disqus account. Yes, you were all brought here for a very unique reason. For further emphasis, I’m assuming you all brought the D.R.C. with you, correct?
Now that’s a surprise. Out of all the things he could’ve gone with, he just had to go with that one. The most surprising part about this is that everyone here addresses one another by their disqus name. It’s not something that bothers me, but even so… The D.R.C. which is Disqus Recognition Card for short holds apparently some kind of purpose. Accordingly, Dev will most likely proceed to explain that now.
Arun: Does D.R.C. stand for “Dick Riding Dot Com”?
MS: Holy shit, someone hold me right now.
Monty: We need brain cells paramedics, quick! Arun’s autism attack was super effective!
Retarded behaviors aside, I believe I have a good idea on what this is. It says “Username” and “Password”, therefore it should be pretty clear that it’s a log in. The question is what will happen afterwards? Hopefully I don’t get pulled into Sword Art Online out of nowhere.
Dev: All of you try to access the D.R.C. by using your disqus settings, please.
And so, everyone did exactly that. However, I waited. Why go first, right? Therefore, as I waited for the results, they came out to be… normal?
Missy: Hey, how are you two feeling right now?
Nishi: Perfectly normal.
Raven: I’m kinda hungry, can we eat something on our way back?
Nishi: I’ve been meaning to try shawarma.
Apparently that did nothing. No, that’s a very narrow way of thinking. Why would Dev go out of his way to simply do something like this? It must have a meaning behind it.
Dev: I will now assume that all of you have followed my instructions. I thank you. You are officially inside the system now. With that login, you have registered into this academy’s system. This means, that now, every single one of you, is a true resident and a witness of revolution.
What the hell is he on about? I really wish he would leave ideals aside and start explaining some things.
Dev: Direct yourself to the secretary, where you will have to receive a certain gadget for further purposes. It has been my pleasure and I now bless you all with good luck.
This is even more confusing, however, it’s all going smoothly. Too smoothly. This is most likely scheduled. If I had to take a few wild guesses, then this certain gadget is probably related to our disqus accounts somehow. It’s fair to assume such given that our disqus accounts were mentioned. There must a connection between the gadget and the disqus accounts. In the end, hypothetical scenarios can only give you thus.




Comments